Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Peace Allows Joy to Take Root - 2



At times I feel like I'm at peace, and the roots of joy in my life grow deeper. At other times, I feel like a storm is raging inside and there is no peace and joy is uprooted. I then ask the question, is there such thing as peace? Look at all that madness and turmoil in this world. But then, in the calamity of the storm, I hear an answer. Yes, there is peace. 

Jesus told his disciples, "I am leaving you with a gift - peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don't be troubled or afraid." - John 14:27 NLT

So why is it a struggle to find peace at times? 

For me, I think I lose sight of God's gift of peace when I rely on myself, other people, and the world without focusing on Christ and giving Him praise and glory for what is happening around me. When I don't trust God peace becomes fleeting allowing chaos and fear to grow up like weeds in my life. That is exactly what Satan wants. The Apostle Peter warns us in 1 Peter 5:8 NLT, "Stay alert! Watch out for the great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour." Satan wants a world without peace and a world without joy. 

However, I find reassurance in John 14:33 NLT when Jesus says, "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world." What joy it is to know that my peace is found in Jesus! Satan cannot have my peace, because Jesus has already overcome the world. Jesus dwells in my heart. So when the struggle and storm for peace rages, all I have to do is take heart because my Savior is with me. The gift of peace that Jesus has given each of us, allows joy to take root in our lives and causes chaos and fear to whither away.





No comments:

Post a Comment

What is real? - God Is More Than Able

Have you ever been duped?  Have you ever asked yourself, "What is real?"  There is not a more worse feeling in the world than to f...